Thursday 20 November 2014

Yarnbombed bin

Ever since I've seen yarnbombed objects (look at all the pretties!), I've secretly wanted to yarnbomb something myself. Recently, I discovered this lovely wave crochet stitch but had no quick project suitable for it (I have way too many scarves already...). Add the fact that our bathroom has gone (pleasantly, in my opinion) crazy already anyway with the addition of Nautilus (introduced in this previous blog post)... And the idea was born to yarnbomb the least interesting object in the room, a small bin.


Apologies for the poor artificial lighting conditions. Here's a close-up of the waves pattern, using all shades of blue in my stash.


The 'lace', created by braiding 3 strands of yarn, was weaved 'corset-style' to create a tubular piece, so it's easy to remove those lovely waves and install them somewhere else. Nautilus has been eyeing them quite keenly...



No comments:

Post a Comment