Monday 10 November 2014

Monster basket!

When I saw the 'hanging monster basket' pattern, I simply couldn't resist! I had been looking for a hanging basket to crochet, and when I saw the added feature of the eyes, I was sold. It also turned out that the pattern itself was very easy and clearly described, unlike some free patterns I had tried to make sense of before.


For the basket itself, I used Sirdar Indie yarn in the shade Tahoe (5 skeins) crocheted around 4mm blue polyamide rope (about 25 m) using a 10 mm hook. The eyes were made with 2 strands of white DK yarn held together & a 6 mm hook. The pupils are black DK yarn (3.5 mm hook) with white DK yarn embroidery to make them come to live. Finally, the eye sockets were improvised using Sirdar Indie yarn (6 mm hook). The eyes are only tied on so we have the option to quickly remove them when respectable people are expected to visit ;-)


Putting eyes on a basket to turn it into a cute monster that eats clutter - the addition of a light sensor triggering a burping sound comes to mind... Brings back fond memories of the Hollebolle Gijs bin at the Efteling :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment